When use Yumi to make USB installation for Debian netinst there are some errors:
1. Menu is not working at all.
2. Setup cannot find the CdROM.
How to fix them:
1. My installation is in directory multiboot/debian-9.4.0-amd64-netinst on USB drive. If you use different one, please change it in the scripts.
- Mount USB device and enter directory multiboot/debian-9.4.0-amd64-netinst/isolinux
- Change all occurrences /install.amd to /multiboot/debian-9.4.0-amd64-netinst/install.amd in all cfg files with this command:
sed -i -e ‘s/\/install.amd/\/multiboot\/debian-9.4.0-amd64-netinst\/install.amd/g’ *.cfg
2. To find setup files when receive error that CDROM cannot be found open second console with Alt+F2 and type commands:
mkdir -p /mnt/tmp
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/tmp
ln -s /mnt/tmp/multiboot/debian-9.4.0-amd64-netinst /cdrom
Then return to setup console with Alt+F1 and continue setup.